Archive for July 23, 2007
On Friday I posted this prank letter that I sent a few years ago to Bishop Pat Buckley, the Larne-based ‘unofficial chaplain’ to disaffected and alienated Catholics. Here’s the reply that I got from Bishop Buckley: >>> (more…)
On this week last year (July 23 to July 29, 2006):
- What prominent Irish priest was in custody in Germany on charges of incitement?
- What was a Garda talking about when he said: ‘That’s the benefit of this. It’s totally random and it’s totally merciless’?
- Why were some Irish speakers upset at a Revenue Commissioners leaflet about paying tax online?
- Why did an Athlone businessman tell An Bord Pleanála that Dublin City Council was ‘no different to Cromwell’?
- SIPTU called on an employer to pay the wages of a suspended worker until a Rights Commissioner could hear the case. But who was the ruthless employer, who SIPTU accused of ‘acting in a wholly unacceptable manner, completely outside due process and fair procedures’?
Click here for answers: >>> (more…)