Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me
I have recently been ‘tagged’ by John Cav of the New(ish) Journalism, which means that I have to post eight random facts about myself and tag eight other bloggers and ask them to do likewise. This is a sufficiently childish challenge to warrant a considered response, so here we go. >>>
My Random Facts
1. I keep thinking Tom Barnaby of Midsomer Murders is Jim Bergerac. So I recently bought the box-sets of the first four series of Bergerac. Now I also keep thinking Jim Bergerac is Tom Barnaby. I am sure that this is not normal.
2. Some friends and I have an annual Christmas lunch at which we vote for the Eejit of the Year. My hot tips this year are Eddie Hobbs, for his photos in ‘You and Your Money’, and Liam O Maoinlai for his Irish phrases cd that was free with the Indo.
3. As a child I liked Gary Glitter, but in retrospect I prefer Slade because they combined equally good music with not being paedophiles.
4. When I was in College, after a student protest, the Dublin VEC wrote to my parents asking them to sign a guarantee about my behaviour. My parents wrote back to the head of the VEC, saying that the letter he had sent to them was not signed by his parents.
5. At least ten businesspeople still owe me money since the 1980s, when there were no laws in Ireland. Unlike them, I can sleep at night. Actually, knowing them, they probably can too. Except for one, who I think might be dead.
6. A traffic jam for me is if there are two cats, instead of one, between the bedroom and the computer room. When I am writing, I play looped background music. For the last while it has been Plaything by Plone.
7. Fave Writers: Dave Barry, Al Franken. Movies: Life of Brian, Pleasantville. TV shows: Big Brother, Curb Your Enthusiasm. Albums: Tubular Bells, Moon Safari. Bands: Beautiful South, Boards of Canada. Singers: Joss Stone, Tori Amos. Lyricists: Tom Lehrer, Randy Newman. Cults: William Shatner, Christianity.
8. I spend too much time on the Internet.
I am tagging Antoin of Eire.com, Paige of Blank Paige, Graham of Why, That’s Delightful, the Skanger of Skangerland, Tadhg of Tiger’s Tail, Gerry of UnLaoised, Dan of Catalyst which isn’t a blog but I dare him to put it on his website, and Twenty Major who seems to have ignored being tagged by someone else, the bollocks.
If you don’t want to put your list on your blog, you can put it here as a comment instead (or as well). And you don’t have to tag eight other people if you don’t have the time, or if you have a real life. But if you ignore this completely, you will die at some stage within the next hundred years.