Monday Quiz 17 – First-Time Sex and Bono’s Trousers
On this week last year (October 15 to October 21, 2006):
- According to a survey of almost 7,500 adults, how many Irish men and women have sex less than once a week, and how many less than once a month?
- Of Irish men and women under 25, what age were most when they first had sex? And overall, how many Irish adults first had sex when under the age of consent?
- Two entrepreneurs shipped a million dollars worth of an unusual product to America, for distributers to sell to Irish-Americans. What was the product?
- A century-old law that was preventing a Cork couple from getting married was declared unconstitutional. Why did the law prevent them from marrying, despite them having been in a relationship for over twenty years?
- Why did Bono appear before the High Court, and who did he describe as an eccentric who regularly wore U2 band members’ clothes?
Click here for answers: >>>
- 58% have sex less than once week, and a quarter have sex less than once a month. Among married couples, half have sex less than once a week, and one in eight have sex less than once a month.
- Most Irish men and women under 25 first had sex when they were 17. Overall, three in ten men and two in ten women first had sex when they were under 17.
- It was Irish soil, which you could use to throw over the coffin of a deceased loved one, make a centerpiece of cascading Shamrock on your family table, or grow an Irish Rose for your sweetheart. Their website is at OfficialIrishDirt.Com.
- The woman, Maura O’Shea, was divorced, and she wanted to marry her ex-husband’s brother John. This was illegal under Section 3.2 of the Deceased Wife’s Sister’s Marriage Act 1907, as amended by the Deceased Brother’s Widow’s Marriage Act 1921.
- U2’s former stylist, Lola Cashman, was appealing a court decision that she should return Bono’s trousers and Stetson hat, whch she had been trying to sell.