Monday Quiz 19 – Harlots and Trapped Kittens
On this week last year (October 29 to November 4, 2006):
- What local Irish community wanted to be officially known as a place of harlots, and what former TD said of the area that ‘It has always been famous for its hospitality and the beauty of the local women. In my younger days I often went there for a funeral and didn’t come home for days’?
- What new toy did Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary offer to buy?
- The Department of Marine finally promised to establish a sewage scheme in the Seven Villages coastal region of Waterford. When was the plan first proposed?
- How many call-outs did the Dublin Fire Brigade service respond to on Halloween night?
- How did a Limerick passer-by rescue a kitten that had been trapped under the bonnet of a parked car?
Click here for answers: >>>
- The hamlet of Doon in Limerick, where residents wanted the name changed back to the old Dun Bleisce, which translates into English as the Fort of the Harlot. The former TD was Eddie Wade.
- Aer Lingus. He offered €1.48 billion for the airline.
- 36 years ago.
- Over 700.
- He put his mobile phone under the car and got somebody to ring it – his ringtone was a kitten miaowing, and when the kitten heard it, it came out from inside the bonnet.