Monday Quiz 40 – Cronyism and Smoking Bans
On this week last year (Mar 24 to Mar 30, 2007):
- Which Green Party TD called for an end to ‘crass cronyism’ in the way appointments are made to public bodies, and added that if there is to be a change in Government, ‘there has to be a change of culture too’?
- Which Green Party TD, a few months later, lost his seat in the General Election and was then appointed to the Senate by Bertie Ahern?
- What proportion of Irish businesses did Office of Tobacco Control report were in breach of the smoking ban?
- What proportion of public houses did Office of Tobacco Control report were in breach of the smoking ban?
- Which former Fianna Fail Minister said on RTE that, after twenty years in office, he now had to ‘actually find where the Aer Lingus desk is and join the queue like everybody else’ at airports, and also ‘look at things that I didn’t know existed, which are monitors which show your arrivals and departures and the times and the boarding gates – that is all totally new, a totally new world.’
Click here for answers: >>>
- Dan Boyle TD
- Senator Dan Boyle
- Joe Walsh TD