I’m Michael Nugent, a writer from Dublin, and this blog is about living for over forty years in the maddest country on earth. One of my books, which I wrote with Damian Corless, was also called That’s Ireland, and it contained similar content to this blog (but with less opinions). More recently, I wrote the comedy play I, Keano with Arthur Mathews and Paul Woodfull.
I grew up following Bohemians and Leeds United, and I am still coping with those addictions. I’ve now lived for twenty years with my partner Anne and our six cats. I’m a political liberal, as you’ll probably guess from my posts. Both Anne and I have been involved in various campaigns, mostly on social and justice issues and against paramilitary violence in Northern Ireland.
Here’s a list of my main writing projects so far.
- That’s Ireland (this blog), 2007
- I, Keano, comedy musical play with Arthur Mathews and Paul Woodfull, 2005
- Absurdly Yours – The Michael Nugent Letters, 2004
- That’s Ireland – A Miscellany, with Damian Corless, 2003
- Ireland on the Internet – The Definitive Guide, 1995
- Dear Me – The Diary of John Mackay, 1994
- Dear John – The John Mackay Letters, with Sam Smyth, 1993
- Majority Ethos, prank newsletter with Arthur Mathews, 1991
- Occasional articles and cartoons for various publications
Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading the blog. Please let me know what you think.